Sunday 11 July 2010

Confused? Some empathatic thoughts for learners

Diolch i Anwen am anfon y gan hon ataf i a diolch i Les am ei ganiatâd i gyhoeddi ar y Blog.

Once I was sad and confused,
And why? Learning Welsh, in the main;
I was having trouble with treiglads;
Perhaps I ought to explain.

Words mutate; ones that began with an M
Will sometimes have an F at the front.
B can change to F or M;
Sometimes it does and sometimes it dun't.

Ps becomes MH or PH
Or Bs; don't know why, but they do;
Perhaps there's an R in the month
Or it's raining in Rhyl; I don't have a clue.

D turns to N, or two Ds;
Double L somehow shrinks into one;
C is CH, NGH or just G;
G can be NG; sometimes it's just gone.

T turns to TH or NH;
Sometimes a D will be used;
And RH some days is just R;
Futation's a fystery; I'm chompletely gonfused.

I went to a glass; I had phrivate duition; I dried and I thried but it nid me no ood.
I was phondering suicide; I galled the Samaritans And thold them the broblem; they said that I should..

Mut now we are able to phractise
While having a bint and a song ddown the phub And all our futations are froadly chorrect Since Eirian and Bauline established the glub.

We have Indian feals; we have thapas;
Sometimes we're daught how to ddance
Or we o for a walk in the gountry
And phractise futating while we've ot the chance.

We have goach drips and goncerts in Nghardiff Sometimes we o to a phlay And feet the phroducer mefore the phroduction...
And my broblems have all one away.

Les Sackroyd

No comments:

Post a Comment